In this hustling modern world, a small and portable blender is a must-have for any super busy health enthusiasts, who want their superfood smoothie or a protein shake on the go – at work, on travel, and anywhere.
Having a battery-operated, personal blender is a great way to get all the energy-boosting nutrients you need for the day (and even the occasional margarita) – ready in minutes, on the spot.
👉 How do you find the best cordless blender from the dozens available on the market?
In this post, you’ll find reviews for the best portable blender bottles for personal use and travel, their unique uses, and their pros & cons – to help you make a quick and wise decision.
What is a Portable Blender Used For?
Portable blenders are small, cordless, battery operated blenders for personal use , designed to make your smoothies, protein shakes, and even your margaritas – on the go. You can also use a battery-operated blender to chop, mix, whip, grind and blend small quantities of food.
Well, here are the unique benefits of portable blenders:
Portable Blender Benefits
1. Simple to Operate
Rechargeable blenders are convenient and very easy to use, and the best ones come with accessories that are easy to detach and clean.
They are all lightweight and small, without any tangled cords around them.
As long as you charge a personal blender in advance, you can make your favorite smoothie anywhere you are – in your car, on the way to work, when you are hiking, or at the airport – in just a few minutes.
(👉 Find out: what’s the best mini rice cooker for travel/personal use?)
Since portable blenders are smaller, the blender speed is slower, but this won’t matter since you won’t need it for “heavy-duty” work and large quantities, so it will not take long to make a smoothie.
Now that you know why you should get a cordless blender, here are the top 6 portable blenders right now.
Every product has unique features and its pros and cons.
The 6 Best Portable Blenders (Reviews & Comparison)
Here are the results of our 15-hour research:
|Blendjet One||12 oz||Best USB
$39 at Urban Outfitters
|14 oz||Most quiet
Check Price on Amazon
|Hamilton Beach||14 oz||🥇 Best Value
$24 on HSN
|32 oz/24 oz||2 bottles
$79 at Home Depot
|Ninja Fit||16 oz||2 bottles
Best for travel
$59 at Home Depot
|13 oz||Best for office
Check Price on Amazon
1. Blendjet One Personal Blender – Best USB Blender Bottle
The Blendjet portable blender blends 8-12 beverages per charge (which takes 2.5 hours), and the 6 stainless steel blades are so powerful that it can crush ice.
The strong 5V motor won’t overheat thanks to the built-in safety feature that keeps it from heating, and it comes with a strainer that filters out the extra pulp, and a convenient carrying strap.
Dimensions: 3.3”l x 2.9”w x 9.3”h
Weight: 1.19 lbs
Blendjet One Pros
- Can blend frozen fruit and big chunks well
- Safe to use – safety features that prevent overheating and using the blades until the bottle is connected to its base
- BPA free
- Compact and lightweight
✅ Price – best price is at Urban Outfitters!
- The motor lacks some power
- The container is relatively small which limits what you can make
2.🥇 Hamilton Beach Personal Blender Best Value
The Hamilton Beach portable blender operates with a simple one-touch button and makes it easy to blend shakes, smoothies, marinades, salad dressing, and baby formula – on the go.
It serves as a stationary blending jar in blending mode, and a detachable travel mug with a lid – that lets you drink straight from the jar, and fits in most car cup holders.
The 175 motor and the stainless steel blades have ice-crushing power and the travel lid allows you to “blend and run” – where you are.
The BPA-free jar and lid are dishwasher safe.
👉 Hamilton Beach Pros
- Stainless steel blades for smooth crushing (ice too)
- Easy to operate – one button for start and end
- Great as a stationary blender and a travel blender as well – detachable and simply built
- Tightly sealed that reduces chances of leakage to almost zero
✅ Best price on HSN!
- Does not work well with hot drinks
- Blades sometimes miss chunks of fruits
3. PopBabies USB Portable Blender – Most Quiet
This unique, mini smoothie maker is a detachable camping battery operated blender that is versatile and convenient to use.
It is one of the smallest models by PopBabies and comes with either a 17oz or 14oz bottle and is powerful enough to blend ice along with the pieces of frozen fruits for your smoothies.
Unlike other portable blenders, this can also work while charging.
The cup is made with toxin-free food-grade material and is dishwasher safe, and the plug fits all countries.
(Read: the 5 best compact dishwashers – in 2021)
- Great for travel – easy to pack, compact, plug fits all countries
- Crushed ice and nuts
- Dishwasher safe
- Makes very little mess
- Comes with a free funnel
✅ PopBabies Cost – Check price on Amazon
- You may need to slice your fruits into small pieces before putting them into the blender
👉 A similar model by PopBabies is the P1001W portable blender.
This one comes with a bigger battery of 5200mAh and can go as much as 25 blends in one charge.
It can also blend the hardest nuts in 15-20 seconds.
4. Nutribullet Champagne Jar Blender (32 oz) – with Travel Cup
This Nutribullet model is the best selling portable blender on Home Depot and for good reasons.
Its compact size 9-peace portable blender is easy to assemble and makes it a top-notch choice for home use and on the go.
The 9 pieces include a power base, 32 oz. colossal cup, 24 oz. tall cup, flip-top to-go lid, handled lid ring, and non-handled lid ring.
The 900-watt motor easily handles all your shakes, smoothies, sauces, and purees, and can be used for grinding, mixing, and stirring.
A hard copy recipe book is included, shipping is free and fast, and you’ll love the design and relaxing champagne color.
👉 Nutribullet blender pros
- Versatile and feature-packed
- You can choose from the 3-cups according to your needs. Choose the best size for the gym, office, or outdoor.
- Powerful base
- Larger capacity
- Lasts for years with no malfunctions
✅ Best price on Home Depot
- A bit heavy (weight about 8 pounds)
5. Ninja Fit Personal Blender – Best for Travel
This small and lightweight personal blender bottle comes with 2 cups, 2 sip-and-seal lids, and a recipe guide with 50 healthy smoothies ideas.
The special lid allows you to push the food down for another blend, and also functions as a sip and seal lid.
The cyclon push technology enables the blades to grind and pulverize whole fruits and vegetables – without losing any nutritional value, and the 700-watt motor is strong enough to crush ice.
👉 Ninja Fit pros
- Convenient and easy to use
- Durable and fast blending
- Good size and weight
- Looks great and stylish modern design
- Blends frozen foods well
✅ Check today’s price on Home Depot
- Hard to find replacement cups
6. Tenswall Portable, Personal Blender – Best for Office
The Tenswall small yet mighty 4-blade portable blender comes with a battery that lasts for 15 shakes or smoothies in one charge , and a smart safety system (magnetic sensing switch).
Its small size makes it a great fit for travel.
The self-cleaning mode allows you to easily wash the blender without leaving any dead corners.
This USB juicer bottle comes with a built-in 2000mAh rechargeable battery that can be easily charged by a power bank, computer, laptop, mobile phone, or any USB device.
(👉 See the top-rated cold press juicers – in 2021!)
TensWall Blender Pros
- Fair price
- Very safe to use and take for travel
- Self-cleaning mode
- Very high user reviews on Amazon
- Food grade/non-toxic material
- Sharp blades
- comes with 50 recipes
✅ Check today’s price on Amazon
- Some users claim it’s too small
How to Use a Portable Blender
Here are a few tips to know before you use a portable blender bottle:
- Break the ice into smaller pieces.
- Start with the liquids, then add the rest.
- Clean and dry the blender after each use.
- Do not microwave the blender, it’s not made to use in the microwave.
Portable Blender FAQ
👉 Want to HEAT/COOK your lunch on the go? Check out the top 6 portable food warmers (electric lunch boxes) – in 2021!
The KM Team