In this hustling modern world, a small and portable blender is a must-have for any super busy health enthusiasts, who want their superfood smoothie or a protein shake on the go – at work, on travel, and anywhere.
Having a battery-operated, personal blender is a great way to get all the energy-boosting nutrients you need for the day (and even the occasional margarita) – ready in minutes, on the spot.
How do you find the best cordless blender from the dozens available on the market?
In this post, you’ll find reviews for the best portable blender bottles for personal use and travel, their unique uses, and their pros & cons – to help you make a quick and wise decision.
- Are Portable Blenders Any Good?
- Portable Blender Benefits
- The 7 Best Portable Blenders (2022 Reviews)
- 1. Blendjet 2 Portable Blender Best USB Blender Bottle
- 2. Oster Portable Blender (Blend Active) Best for Protein Shakes
- 3. Hamilton Beach Personal Blender Best Budget
- 4. PopBabies Portable Blender Best Selling on Amazon
- 5. Nutribullet Pro Blender with Travel Cup Most Powerful
- 6. Ninja Fit Personal Blender Best for Travel
- 7. Oberly Portable Blender 6-Point Blade
- How to Use a Portable Blender
- How Do You Clean a Portable Blender?
- Are a Blender and a Food Processor the Same?
Are Portable Blenders Any Good?
Portable blenders are usually small, cordless, battery-operated blenders for personal use, designed to make your smoothies, protein shakes, and even your margaritas – on the go.
You can also use a battery-operated blender to chop, mix, whip, grind and blend small quantities of food.
Well, here are the unique benefits of portable blenders:
Portable Blender Benefits
1. Simple to Operate
Rechargeable blenders are convenient and very easy to use, and the best ones come with accessories that are easy to detach and clean.
They are all lightweight and small, without any tangled cords around them.
As long as you charge a personal blender in advance, you can make your favorite smoothie anywhere you are – in your car, on the way to work, when you are hiking, or at the airport – in just a few minutes.
(👉 What’s the best mini rice cooker for travel/personal use?)
Since portable blenders are smaller, the blender speed is slower, but this won’t matter since you won’t need it for “heavy-duty” work and large quantities, so it will not take long to make a smoothie.
Now that you know why you should get a cordless blender, here are the top 7 portable blenders right now.
Every product has unique features and its pros and cons.
The 7 Best Portable Blenders (2022 Reviews)
Here are the results of our 15-hour research:
|Portable Blender||Bottom Line||Capacity||Price|
|Blendjet 2 (New Model)||Best USB Portable Blender||16 oz||✅ $49 at Blendjet|
|Popbabies USB Portable Blender||Highest Rated on Amazon||14 oz||✅ Check Price on Amazon|
|Hamilton Beach Portable Blender||Best Budget||14 oz||✅ Check Price on Amazon|
|NutriBullet Pro||2 bottles|
|32 oz/24 oz||✅ Check Price on Amazon|
|Ninja Fit||2 bottles|
Best for travel
|16 oz||✅ Check Price on Amazon|
|Oster Portable Blender||Best for Protein Shakes||8 oz||✅ Check Price on Amazon|
1. Blendjet 2 Portable Blender Best USB Blender Bottle
- Dimensions: 3.2 x 3.2 x 10 inches
- Weight: 13 ounces
The Blendjet one portable blender blends 8-12 beverages per charge (which takes 2.5 hours), and the 6 stainless steel blades are so powerful that they can crush ice.
The strong 5V motor won’t overheat thanks to the built-in safety feature that keeps it from heating, and it comes with a strainer that filters out the extra pulp, and a convenient carrying strap.
The newest model, the Blendjet 2, has a larger, 16-ounce capacity, blends 20 beverages per charge, and is now water-resistant (so you don’t have to worry about getting liquid in the USB-C).
Blendjet Two Pros
- Can blend frozen fruit and big chunks well
- Crushes ice!
- Safe to use – safety features that prevent overheating and using the blades until the bottle is connected to its base
- BPA free
- Compact and lightweight
- Quieter than the original version
- The motor lacks some power
- The container is relatively small which limits what you can make
✅ Price – $49 at Blendjet
2. Oster Portable Blender (Blend Active) Best for Protein Shakes
- Dimensions – 10.43 x 4.69 x 4.65 inches
- Weight – 10 ounces
The Oster Blend Active portable blender has a USB-rechargeable battery that lasts for 10 blends on the go when fully charged, and is a small, sleek, and simple to use personal blender.
You can drink straight out of the BPA-free bottle with the silicone drinking lid, and the nonslip sleeve gives you a good grip for a sip on the go.
However, users say this only works for softer fruits (frozen as well), and the smoothie amount you get is only 8 ounces. If you want a larger shake or to make several servings – this is not for you.
Oster Blend Active Pros
- Sleek design, nonslip, has a drinking lid to sip on the go
- Motor strong enough for a protein-fruit shake
- Blades run only when the lid is on
- Easy and fun to use
- A small amount of shake
- Can not handle vegetables like beet and can not be used with hot drinks
✅ Price – check price on Amazon
3. Hamilton Beach Personal Blender Best Budget
- Dimensions – 5.2 x 4.2 x 11.9 inches
- Weight – 1.8 lbs
The Hamilton Beach portable blender operates with a simple one-touch button and makes it easy to blend shakes, smoothies, marinades, salad dressing, and baby formula – on the go.
It serves as a stationary blending jar in blending mode, and a detachable travel mug with a lid – that lets you drink straight from the jar, and fits in most car cup holders.
The 175 motor and the stainless steel blades have ice-crushing power and the travel lid allows you to “blend and run” – where you are.
The BPA-free jar and lid are dishwasher safe.
👉 Hamilton Beach Pros
- Stainless steel blades for smooth crushing (ice too)
- Easy to operate – one button for start and end
- Great as a stationary blender and a travel blender as well – detachable and simply built
- Tightly sealed that reduces chances of leakage to almost zero
- Does not work well with hot drinks
- Blades sometimes miss chunks of fruits
✅ Price – best price on Amazon
4. PopBabies Portable Blender Best Selling on Amazon
- Dimensions – 3.2 x 3.2 x 10.2 inches
- Weight – 1.3 lbs
This unique, mini smoothie maker is a detachable camping battery-operated blender that is versatile and convenient to use and is the most popular personal blender on Amazon right now.
It is one of the smallest models by PopBabies and comes with a 17oz bottle (larger than average) and is powerful enough to blend ice along with the pieces of frozen fruits for your smoothies.
Unlike other portable blenders, this can also work while charging, the cup is made with toxin-free food-grade material (dishwasher safe), and the plug fits all countries.
- High ratings on Amazon
- Great for travel – easy to pack, compact, plug fits all countries
- Crushed ice and nuts
- Dishwasher safe
- Makes very little mess
- Comes with a free funnel
- You may need to slice your fruits into small pieces before putting them into the blender
✅ Price – Check price on Amazon
It can also blend the hardest nuts in 15-20 seconds.
5. Nutribullet Pro Blender with Travel Cup Most Powerful
- Dimensions – 12.01 x 7.72 x 15.94 inches
- Weight – 5.5 lbs
This Nutribullet model is one of the best-selling portable blenders of 2022 and for good reasons. This compact size 13-peace portable blender is easy to assemble and makes it a top-notch choice for home use and on the go.
The 13 pieces include a power base, 32 oz. colossal cup, 24 oz. tall cup, flip-top to-go lid, handled lid ring, and non-handled lid ring.
The 900-watt motor is powerful and easily handles all your shakes, smoothies, sauces, and purees, and can be used for grinding, mixing, and stirring.
A hard copy recipe book is included, shipping is free and fast, and you’ll love the design and all the gorgeous colors you can choose from.
👉 Nutribullet blender pros
- Versatile and feature-packed
- You can choose from the 3-cups according to your needs. Choose the best size for the gym, office, or outdoor.
- Powerful base
- Larger capacity
- Lasts for years with no malfunctions
- Heavy and not great for travel (weight about 8 pounds)
✅ Price – best price on Amazon
6. Ninja Fit Personal Blender Best for Travel
- Dimensions – 4 x 4 x 13 inches
- Weight – 4.63 lbs
This small and lightweight personal blender bottle comes with 2 cups, 2 sip-and-seal lids, and a recipe guide with 50 healthy smoothies ideas.
The special lid allows you to push the food down for another blend, and also functions as a sip and seal lid.
The cyclon push technology enables the blades to grind and pulverize whole fruits and vegetables – without losing any nutritional value, and the 700-watt motor is strong enough to crush ice.
👉 Ninja Fit pros
- Convenient and easy to use
- Durable and fast blending
- Good size and weight
- Looks great and stylish modern design
- Blends frozen foods well
- Hard to find replacement cups
✅ Price – check price on Amazon
7. Oberly Portable Blender 6-Point Blade
- Dimensions – 3.15 x 3.15 x 9.45 inches
- Weight – 1 lbs
The Oberly small yet mighty 6-point blade portable blender comes with a battery that lasts for 10-12 shakes or smoothies in one charge, and a smart safety system (magnetic sensing switch).
Its small size and carry handle make it a great fit for travel, and the price is lower than average.
The self-cleaning mode allows you to easily wash the blender without leaving any dead corners. All you do is add a bit of soap, a bit of water, and click the switch to start automatic cleaning.
This USB juicer bottle comes with a built-in 2000mAh rechargeable battery that can be easily charged by a power bank, computer, laptop, mobile phone, or any USB device.
Made from high-quality BPA free and PP food-grade material
(👉 See the top-rated cold press juicers – of 2022!)
- Low price
- Safe to use and to take for travel
- Self-cleaning mode
- Quick charging
- Made from food-grade non-toxic material
- Sharp blades
- Some users claim the blender is hard to open
- Can not handle regular size ice
✅ Price – check price on Amazon
How to Use a Portable Blender
Here are a few tips to know before you use a portable blender bottle:
- Break the ice into smaller pieces.
- Start with the liquids, then add the rest.
- Clean and dry the blender after each use.
- Do not microwave the blender, it’s not made to use in the microwave.
How Do You Clean a Portable Blender?
Most portable blenders are dishwasher safe. All you need to do is detach the parts and let the dishwasher do its work. In case your product is not dishwasher-safe, you separate the detachable parts and soak them in water with a little bit of dish soap. This way the stains will easily come off with a single wipe.
Some small blenders, such as the Blendjet 2, feature a self-cleaning mode, where you only add a bit of soap and water and run the blender for a minute for an easy clean.
Are a Blender and a Food Processor the Same?
Although both blenders and food processors consist of blades that spin at very high speeds, they are a little different. A blender is commonly used to make liquid products such as smoothies and shakes. On the other hand, a food processor is used for tasks like cutting and slicing fruits and vegetables or mixing dough.
👉 Want to heat/cook your lunch on the go? Check out the top 6 portable food warmers of 2022!
The KM Team