If you’re serious about juicing (for the crazy amount of minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants you get from it), or just realized how expensive is the bottled stuff, a cold press juicer is a wise investment for you.
This post contains affiliate links. Find more info in our disclaimer.
The best masticating juicers will extract all the goodness from your vegetables and fruits , and because there’s no heat in the process – it will keep all the nutrients intact.
- What is a Cold Press Juicer?
- The Top 5 Cold Press (Masticating) Juicers
- What Should I Look for When Buying a Cold Press Juicer?
- Masticating Juicers Features Explained
- Cold Press Juicers FAQ
What is a Cold Press Juicer?
A cold press juicer (also known as a masticating juicer/slow juicer) extracts the most juice and nutrients out of your vegetables, fruits, and superfoods.
It slowly crushes them and then presses the fruits and veggies for the max amount of juice.
Cold press juicers do not produce much heat in the process, so this keeps more fresh nutrients intact .
This process is called HPP (High-Pressure Processing), and it maximizes the number of vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and anti-oxidants you get – and the taste is unmatched.
You can use a juice press machine to make a bigger batch and keep it in the fridge. Freshness will last for up to 3 days!
The Top 5 Cold Press (Masticating) Juicers
Now that you know why cold press juicers are beneficial and what you need to look for, here are the best cold press juicers in 2021 – reviewed and compared.
|Omega Nutrition Center||80 RPM|
Check Price on Amazon
|Hurom Slow Juicer||43 RPM|
Handles frozen food
Check Price on Amazon
|Aicok Masticating Juicer||80 RPM|
7-part spiral screen
|Easiest to Clean
Check Price on Amazon
|Tribest Greenstar Elite||110 RPM|
|Best Twin-Gear Juicer
Check Price on Amazon
|Breville Masticating juicer||80 RPM|
XL feeding chute
|Largest Feeding Chute
Check Price on Amazon
1. Omega Nutrition Center Slow Juicer Best Value
- RPM – 80
- Size – 6.5” W × 14.5” D x 15.5” H
- Weight – 19.4 lbs
- Warranty – 15 years
The Omega popular stainless steel cold press juicer is a powerful device that can work for 30 minutes straight – without overheating – and is the most versatile juicer on this list – for the of money.
It’s called “nutrition center” because it doesn’t only make juice, it also turns nuts into nut butter, it minces herbs and garlic, it grinds coffee, makes baby food and frozen desserts – quickly and efficiently.
All the juicing parts (except the motor body) are dishwasher safe, and it is easy to assemble and clean (with the automatic pulp ejection feature).
It is a great cold press juicer for leafy greens, organs, crisp apples, cucumbers, celery, carrots, beets, and more, and a durable and trust-worthy homogenizing juicer as well.
Omega Nutrition Center Pros
- Relatively low price
- Durable and high quality – made with stainless steel
- Quiet operation
- Can handle all leafy greens, including wheatgrass
- Versatile – serves both as a juicer and a food processor
- Can be used with frozen ingredients
- Easy to clean
- Excellent warranty (15 years)
✅ Omega Nutrition Center Price – Check today’s price on Amazon
- Users say it doesn’t juice soft fruits well
2. Hurom slow juicer (H-AA model) Most Versatile
- RPM – 43
- Size: 7.1 x 8.8 x 16 inches
- Weight – 10.6 pounds
- Warranty – 10 years
The Hurom H-AA is the brands’ flagship model, with a powerful motor that gives it an excellent ability to liquefy whatever you throw in the hopper.
This family size juicer has a multi-armed spindle that twirls around and keeps things moving down the auger, and an outstanding ability to make the max. amount of juice from any green leaves you throw inside.
With only 43 rotations per minute, this slow juicer doesn’t get heated or oxidize your food.
👉 It comes with 3 different strainers to control the amount of pulp you’d like:
- The Fine Strainer – make pulp-free juice or nut milk, fruits, veggies, leafy greens, and nuts.
- The Ice Cream Strainer – switch out the fine/coarse strainer and spinning brush for the ice cream strainer. Take your choice of frozen fruit and continue as if juicing.
- The Coarse Strainer – make smoothies, pulpy juice, or soups, frozen yogurt, baby solids.
Hurom Slow Juicer Pros
- Handles all leafy greens and hard foods, including nuts well
- Highly versatile – serves as both cold press juicer and food processor
- 10-year motor warranty
- BPA free
- quiet operation
✅ Hurom Slow Juicer price – Check today’s price on Amazon
- A bit more expensive
3. Aicok Slow Masticating Juicer Easiest To Clean
- RPM – 80
- Size – 16.1 x 7.9 x 11.6 inches
- Weight – 8.23 lbs
- Warranty – 2 years
The Aicok slow masticating juicer is the easiest cold press juicer to clean in this list, thanks to its high-quality reverse function, and is one of the highest-rated and top-selling masticating juicers on Amazon.
👉 According to users, it takes less than 2 minutes to clean up all parts, and most parts are dishwasher safe as well.
(See the top-rated compact dishwashers for small spaces – in 2021)
The maximum juice amount is achieved via the 7-part spiral screens and a slow 80 RPM masticating and grinding, that leaves no pulp inside your healthy juice.
This UL & ETL certified cold press juicer is relatively quiet (less than 60 decibels) and is very easy to assemble and operate.
Aicok Slow Juicer Pros
- Takes less than 2 minutes to clean
- Easy to assemble, disassemble and operate
- Made with safe PMMA material
- Comes with a brush for cleaning
- Takes 5 minutes to get a full cup of juice
✅ Aicok Slow Juicer Price – Check today’s price on Amazon
- Can not handle frozen foods and ice
4. Tribest Greenstar Elite Masticating Juicer – Best Twin Gear Juicer
- RPM – 110
- Size – 18.6 x 6.8 x 12.4 inches
- Weight – 17.2 lbs
- Warranty – 15-year warranty for household use and a 3-year warranty for professional use
The Tribest Greenstar cold press juicer is made with stainless steel and bio-ceramic magnetic twin gears that help preserve the living enzymes and vitamins in your fresh juice.
The slow rotating speed prevents oxidation of the fruit and veggies and yields the max amount of juice (while keeping the great taste), and the reverse function prevents jamming.
This popular masticating juicer includes homogenizing accessories that make it also a food processor and allows you to make sorbets, salsa, nut butter, and more.
This versatile juicer comes with 4 different screens :
- The fine screen -for minimal pulp
- The coarse screen – more pulp
- The homogenizing blank – for basic food processing)
- The breadstick set – for breadsticks and rice cakes
👉 When you order it from Amazon, it comes with cleaning brushes and a unique scraping tool that allows for easy and fast cleaning.
Tribest Greenstar Elite Pros
- High blending power
- Versatile with 4 different screens
- Adjustable pressure
- Easy to assemble
- Can work on both 120V and 240V
- The highest yield of juice (according to users)
- A 15-year warranty and a great customer service
✅ Tribest Greenstar Elite Price – on Amazon
- Needs to be regularly cleaned for smooth operations, not easily cleaned if you are in a hurry
5. Breville Masticating Juicer – Larget Feeding Chute
- Size – 8.62 x 7.44 x 16.26 inches
- Weight – 14 lbs
- Warranty – 1 year
The Breville Fountain Crush Slow Juicer is a compact juicer that will fit any average counter and is easy to clean – thanks to the filter basket (pour a cup of water in the feed to clean – without disassembling).
The cold spin technology makes the juice flow through the cutting disc to control the increasing rise in temperature, and the width of the feeding chute is larger than average (3 inches), which allows you to insert larger pieces of your food – for more juice in less time.
It has a very quiet (yet powerful) motor that allows for great-tasting and nutritious juicing – without any heat in the process.
However, hard foods need to be cut and prepared before going down the juicer, otherwise, it will clog.
Breville Masticating Juicer Pros
- Quiet yet powerful motor
- Large feeding chute (3 inches)
- Pulp doesn’t go through the chute
✅ Breville Masticating Juicer Price – Check today’s price
- According to Breville, this juicer is not BPA-free (but BPA is released only with heat, so it’s not so relevant)
- Users claim it’s not easy to clean
What Should I Look for When Buying a Cold Press Juicer?
Here are the important features to look for in a good cold press juicer:
1. Easy to use – juicers should be easy to use and clean up. When buying, make sure the product can be operated by children and comes with a reverse mechanism in case the juicer gets clogged up.
2. Easy to clean – this is one of the most important aspects to look for. When the juicer is not easy to clean, it may deter you from sticking to your daily juicing routine.
3. The Juicers’ size fits your kitchen – make sure the juicer is not too big to fit the space you want to place it in. Some juicers are too big and end up sitting outside the kitchen (and forgotten).
4. High durability – you’d want your juicing machine to last as long as possible. Vertical steel-made cold press juicers are known to last much longer than the ones made from plastic.
5. Feeding Chute size – If the juicer comes with a wider feeding chute, you can add bigger chunks and get your juice ready much faster.
👉 Read: The 6 Best Portable Blenders – in 2021! 🥤
Masticating Juicers Features Explained
What is RPM?
RPM stands for Rotations Per Minute. This term tells you how many times the juicer rotates per minute. It is assumed (though not proven) that a slow rotation can prevent oxidation of the fruits and veggies and keeps more nutrients intact – than fast, centrifugal juicers.
What is a Homogenizer?
Homogenization is the process of reducing a substance to extremely small particles and distributing it uniformly throughout a fluid.
What is a Twin Gear Juicer?
A twin-gear juicer (also known as a triturating juicer) can rub, grind, and pound fruits or vegetables into fine particles. They extract much more nutrients than single gear juicers and can be used to make sorbets, nut butter, and more.
Cold Press Juicers FAQ
The KM Team