Stone frying pans can easily withstand higher temperatures without burning off fumes into the air (which could be harmful to you to inhale) and are a much healthier option when compared to Teflon-made cookware.
They provide you with non-stick properties and are free from harmful chemicals like PFOA and PTFE.
Ozeri frying pans have a few different models when it comes to eco-friendly cookware.
Today we’ll review their top two models:
- The best-selling stone frying pan in 2020 – the Ozeri Stone Earth Frying Pan
- And the Ozeri Professional Series 10” Ceramic Earth Fry Pan
Ozeri Stone Earth Frying Pans – Overview
Ozeri has four different series of cookware, all eco-friendly, and claimed to be toxin-free.
One of Ozeri’s professional series of cookware is the Stone Earth Series, offering the same pan – in different sizes and colors.
image all pans
This coating by Ozeri was originally made in Germany and is one of the best alternatives to Teflon-based items.
Every frying pan in this series offers you non-stick performance – without chemicals such as PFOA and PFOS.
However, we should note that the pans in this series are not PTFE-free.
PTFE breaks down into simpler compounds when strongly heated and that can be harmful to you.
This is why we recommend you to check out the Ceramic Earth Series.
Ceramic cookware is widely known to be toxic-free and the best alternative to Teflon.
It also offers even distribution of heat to avoid the food from being burned.
The stone earth frying pans are available in three different sizes; 8”, 10” and 12”.
All of these have been carefully designed and come with a firm, sturdy construction.
Thanks to the aluminum base with a layer of stone-derived coating, you can easily bake, fry, and boil your food on these – with very little oil.
The company’s unique Stonehenge coating offers you non-stick properties that are better than Teflon-based cookware or stainless-steel frying pans.
The coating doesn’t burn off easily and does not produce any toxic fumes.
The heat is equally and evenly distributed on all frying pans this series includes, and prevents your food from getting burned while ensuring you get a meal thoroughly cooked.
The handles stay cool at all times so you don’t need to worry about burning your hand while moving it around.
Ozeri advises against using a dishwasher to clean their frying pans, especially the ones in the Stone Earth Series.
On the other hand:
Stains can be removed quite easily and the pans can be wiped clean with a little bit of soap and warm water.
A good tip is to make sure the pan has cooled down before you start washing it to avoid it from being harmed.
Ozeri Stone Earth Frying Pans Reviews & Comparison
And now, let’s compare the 2 most popular Ozeri frying pans – in 2020:
1. Ozeri Stone Earth 12″ Frying Pan (Review)
This 12” Stone Earth Frying Pan by Ozeri is one of the most popular and highly-rated non-stick pans in 2020.
It comes covered with a stone-derived, non-stick coating and provides you with complete germ-free and chemical-free use.
Moreover, this pan was listed as the best frying pan in Thinkcook’s 2017 list of the best non-stick frying pans.What we Like
- The Stonehenge coating (eco-friendly and safe to use) – no PFOA, NEP, NMP, and APEO
- The coating is scratch-resistant
- Uniform heat conduction
- A magnetized base that is nickel-infused for better conduction and heat transfer. The nickel helps a lot in preventing corrosion and decolorization of the pan.
- Silicon heat-resistant handle that is thick and provides you with a firm grip while preventing your hand from burning while cooking.
What we Don’t Like
- Not PTFE-free
- Small chance of the coating rubbing off into the food
2. Ozeri Professional Series 10” Ceramic Earth Fry Pan (Review)
On the other side, we have Ozeri’s Ceramic Earth Fry Pan, which is made with a hybrid coating of both stone and ceramic.
What does this mean?
It means that its non-stick heat conduction is better in comparison with the Stone Earth pan. Plus, there is no PTFE inside, while the quality of the pan is still not compromised.What we Like
- The hybrid coating here is hardened carefully to prevent and resist scratches. It has a beautiful rustic finish; and the best part – you can use your metal kitchen utensils with this pan.
- No BPA, APEO, PFOA, NMP, NEP as well as PTFE. It is oven-safe so you can easily cook your meals without going through the hassle of switching pans in between.
- Better heat distribution and a tough anti-scratch surface along with a firm and fixed handle that won’t twist loose.
- Can withstand heat of up to 500-degrees Fahrenheit
- Handles stay cool at all times
What we Don’t Like
- The price is more than double than the Stone Earth pan
✅ Price – check today’s price on Amazon
Though both of the products are good, when comparing the stone earth frying pan vs the Ceramic Earth, we believe the 10” Ceramic Earth Frying Pan is better than their top-selling model – the Stone Earth pan.
Both come with a unique layer of coating, but the ceramic coating keeps you safe from PTFE as well, which the Stonehenge coating does not.
Both have a similar temperature bearing capacity and are induction-oven safe. The ceramic coating does not chip or peel off so you don’t have to worry about it mixing into your food.
Did we help you make a decision? do you have any more questions? let us know in the comments below 😊
The KM Team